2011年12月28日水曜日

BR 2-17: The Frog Prince (Davidson, 2005)

"Princess Poppy was furious. "I won't marry him, Daddy," she said." (Davidson, 2005, p.3)

This is a fairy tale in which a prince, who has been changed into a frog by an evil witch, tries to persuade a princess to kiss him so that he can become a prince again. She finally does, he becomes human again, and they get married.

I read this Japanese version when I was child. So I dicided read this English version book. When I read, it was almost the same as the story which I know.

This story resembles Disney's Beauty and the Beast. It is because it became a prince when magic is used for the wild beast and Beauty and the Beast could also solve magic. I also like this story. But, the direction of Beauty and the Beast is a romantic story.

This book is composed of the five chapters. I like the chapter five the best. This chapter title is "The frog prince". It is because it happens that this chapter is surprised very much. This story is a happy end. I like a happy end stories. It makes me happy.

I enjoyed read this book. So, I want to read this book again.
(207words)
Reference: Davidson Susanna. (2005). The frog price.
London Usborne.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿