2011年12月22日木曜日

BR 2-10: Gulliver's Travels (Swift, 2002)

" Lemuel Gulliver loved to travel and he loved adventures." (Swift, 2002)

This book is about a Gulliver's travels. Gulliver's travels is a book by Jonathan swift which is a humorous criticism on Britain in the 18th century. Each of the imaginary lands that the main character Gulliver visits shows how unreasonable the British government, Britith customs, wars etc really are. The most famous part of the book is Gulliver's visit to the country of lilliput, where all the people and buildings are very small.

The contents were not known although I knew only the name of this book.

I thought that Gulliver's Travels was the talk that a giant goes to travel until it reads this book. However, hero Gulliver of Gulliver's Travels is not a giant. The people of the country of the point which Gulliver performed were the countries in which a child only with 1/12 of the man in the street lives. I was very much surprised for me to know it.

This book is composed of the six chapters. I like the Chapter 1 the best. He had become a surprising situation when Gulliver got up. This chapter is very interesting.
I enjoyed it. I want to read this book again.

(211words)
Reference: Swift Jonathan. (2002). Gulliver's travels.
London Usborne.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿