2011年12月28日水曜日

BR 2-16: Jack and the Beanstalk (Daynes, 2006)

" Jack was very , very hungry. He searched the house for something to eat." (Daynes, 2006, p.3)

This book is about a fairy tale. Jack and the Beanstalk also Jack the Giant killer. It is a fairy tale about a boy called Jack who buys some magic beans that grow into a tall beanstalk. Beanstalk is the main stem of a bean plant.

Jack climbs up it into the cloubs, where he finds a giant's castle. He enters it and finds a magic hen that produces golden eggs. Jack steals the hen, and goes back down the beanstalk. The giant tries to follow him, but when Jack arrives back on the ground he cuts down the beanstalk, the giant falls and dies, and Jack becomes rich as a result of the golden eggs.

I knew this story when I was child. I got mother to read this picture book. Therefore, I decided to think that I will read this story in English, and to read.

This book is composed of the five chapters. I like the chapter 3 the best. Because this chapter is very exciting for me. The story of this chapter is the most interesting. My favorite fairy also comes out.

I enjoyed this book. So, I want to read this Japanese version and English version again.
(220words)

Reference: Daynes Katie. (2006). Jack and the Beanstalk.
London Usborne.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿